CAUTION:THIS ROOTING METHOD IS ONLY FOR THE KOREAN VERSION SHV-E470S!!!
It was tested successfully on Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SHV-E470S Android version 4.2.2
Do not attempt to root any other smartphones with the files that you wil find in this articles.
This tutorial is destined to be used by advanced Android users.
I won’t be blamed in case you brick the phone or lose any data in the process!!!
Rooting the Galaxy S4 ACTIVE SHV-E470S will revoke its warranty. If you want to restore your phone's warranty then you will need to flash an official Samsung Android ROM OS.
- Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers on your computer
- Disable Samsung KIES program if you have it installed on your computer
- Disable any antivirus applications from running on your computer
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
- If Developer Options doesn’t appear in Settings, then you need to enable it.
- go to Settings, then More, open About Device.
- tap seven times on the Build Number.
- you will now be enabling Developer Option, go back to main Settings section, scroll down and enable USB Debugging
- Check your phone’s battery and make sure that there is at least 50% left before the device switches off
- Read the entire post, don’t skip any steps and the guide should be completed in under ten minutes with success.
- In case you have trouble completing the guide, then you are free to ask for extra help in comments
- Download required files (see attachments)
1. Copy the "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip" into your phone internal or external memory
2. Extract the contents of the Odin zip file and place them on your computer’s desktop screen.
3. Power off the Galaxy S4 active shv-e470s now.
4. After that you have to boot the device in Android Download Mode (press and hold: volume down,home and power buttons}
5. Launch Odin on your PC as administrator
6. Connect the phone with your computer via USB cable.(make sure antivirus+firewall is now disabled!!)
7. Wait for ODIN to detect your device,(you should see the "added" message) then continue to the next step.
8. If the phone is not recognized by your PC, then you should re-install the Samsung USB Drivers.
9. Go to ODIN’s main window, click on PDA and then find the "unofficial_philz_touch_6.12.8-e470s.tar" Load it in ODIN.
10. Do not change any other Odin default settings
11. Make sure that the Re-Partition option is not enabled
12. When ready, hit the START button for the process to begin.
13. Don’t press any buttons until the process is complete
14. When ODIN completes the process it will show the PASS alert, then the phone will reboot in normal mode. You can unplug the device from PC when the Samsung Galaxy S4 active shv-e470s boot animation screen loads.
15. Now power off your phone again and boot in recovery mode (press and hold: volume up,home and power buttons)
16. Once in recovery mode,find and install the "UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.93.zip" .To do this,in the recovery menu choose the "install zip" option and then find the directory u have saved the zip file and choose it for installing.
17. Wait for the process to finish and then ur phone will reboot.once reboot u can download "root checker" from play store and verify that u have root access.
18. Have fun and enjoy your rooted SHV-E470S Credit Link.