Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean firmware, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S Advance on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy S Advance should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent.
6. The Root Package works only on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Applying this on any incorrect variant will brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy S Advance by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
Steps to Root Galaxy S Advance I9070 on Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Download the Root Package (Mirror Link) for Samsung Galaxy S Advance to the computer.
Step 2: Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable.
Step 3: Copy the downloaded root.zip file to the external SD card of the phone.
Step 4: Unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer and then turn it off
Step 5: Boot the Galaxy S Advance into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the device turns on. In the recovery mode, use the Volume keys to scroll between the options and the Power button to select the desired option.
Step 6: Navigate to and select install update from external sdcard then select choose zip from sdcard. Then browse to the root.zip file which was earlier copied to the SD card
Step 7: Select the root.zip file and confirm installation. The flashing process should start now.
Step 8: When the installation process is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now from recovery menu.
Once the Samsung Galaxy S Advance boots up, it should be rooted successfully on Android 4.1.2 DXAMD1 Jelly Bean official firmware. You may now install any app that requires root permission.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.