Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXMF2 Jelly Bean, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 on the computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.
3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Ace 2 should be factory unlocked and not locked to any particular carrier.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 per cent.
6. The Root Package file works only on Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160. Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Ace 2 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.
1. Root Package for Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 (root.zip)
Steps to Root Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 Running on Android 4.1.2 XXMF2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: Connect the Galaxy Ace 2 to the computer using USB cable.
Step 2: Copy the root.zip file to the external SD card of your phone.
Step 3: Once the file transfer process is completed, switch off the phone and disconnect it from computer.
Step 4: Boot the device into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together. In recovery mode, use the Volume keys to toggle between options and Home/Power button to select the desired option.
Step 5: Select apply update from external storage then navigate to the root.zip file which was earlier copied to the SD card.
Step 6: Select the root.zip file and confirm installation.
Step 7: Once installation process is completed, return to main recovery menu and select Reboot System Now.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 running on Android 4.1.2 XXMF2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
Note: Tested working on Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 with Android 4.1.2 XXMF2 Jelly Bean firmware, should work with other Jelly Bean firmware. Try it and let us know.
Thank's to all fellas at XDA who first tried out this rooting technique. This root method was originally posted via XDA-Developers original thread.
Click here to know How to Update Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 with official Android 4.1.2 XXMF2 Jelly Bean firmware.