PAC-man comes with various useful customization. Since, PAC-man is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, you may like to know what's new on it. Some of the cool Android 4.4.2 KitKat features that you will enjoy is Screen Recording, Tap to Pay (Google Wallet for everyone), NFC emulation for non nfc devices, 14% less memory usage, cloud printing from Gallery, Google Home is the new Launcher, Core System Processes Trimmed, apps are efficient and responsive on all devices, the all new 'procstats tool details' memory use, Full-screen Immersive mode, seamless change in resolution during media playback, Phone dialer got local business detection, redesigned Quickoffice and many more.
Please note, not all Android 4.4.2 KitKat feature yet ported to PAC-man ROM.
Another thing you should note, this is nightly build, hence expect some bugs in it. All bugs and issues expected to be fixed as development progress towards a stable PAC-man build.
Warning! This tutorial is only for Motorola Atrix 2. Don’t try this guide on any other Android device. Also, we (Android Pulp Team) are not responsible for any damage caused due to the instruction given in this page. Try this at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
1. ROM flashing require you to wipe your internal memory data, hence you required to backup your device data. You can follow our ultimate backup guide.
2. Make sure your device have at least 60% battery power. If your phone shut down during installation then there is good chance to brick your device.You can install an app like Battery Notifier BT Free on your Android device to check it easily.
3. You must have USB Driver Installed for Motorola Atrix 2 in your PC. [Download USB Drivers]
4. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled otherwise it's won't be possible to transfer file between PC and Motorola Atrix 2. [Guide].
5. Your device have latest Boot Menu Manager installed. [video tutorial]
If you done everything that we mentioned above then you are ready to follow step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat based PAC-man ROM on Motorola Atrix 2.
File Required(Download by clicking on it)
- PAC-man For Motorola Atrix 2 [Filename: pac_edison-nightly-20140514.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140207-signed.zip]
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable and then copy downloaded files to the SD card of your device. Important: Don’t extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and then turn off your Motorola Atrix 2.
- Now, turn on your device and when Android robot screen comes, tap on it. You will see Boot Menu Manager screen.
- It’s time to set partition. If you want to use default partition which is System 1 then you don't need to do anything, just tap on Recovery. However if you want to use any other partition (excluding System 2, the System 2 partition on Motorola Atrix 2 have some memory limitation), then you must create it first. To do so, go to Settings –> tap on the System that you want to create for example System 3 –> Partition Setup –> System.img –> Create –> Set space, for example 500MB –> then create data partition and give it space such as 1 GB –> The create Cache Partition and assign space for example 300MB. Now tap on Recovery.
- Tap on Switch system and then tap on System 3 (that we created earlier). Tap on Firmware Flashing and then Backup CID.
- Now, tap on Mount & Format. Now perform format/system, format/data and format/cache. Once done go back to main recovery screen. The tap on Wipe & Clean option. The perform all 4 wiping task that located there one by one. Once done switch the system again to System 3 to make sure, you are in right partition.
- Once everything done, tap on Install zip package, then tap on Install a zip package, now, locate the PAC-man Zip file that you copied earlier in Step 1 and select it by pressing Power button (use Volume keys to scroll). Tap on Yes to start the installation process. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once the ROM installation process end, repeat the step 7 but choose the pa_gapps-stock-4.4.2-20140207-signed.zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot options and then tap on Reboot to reboot your Motorola Atrix 2. Then boot into BMM again, go to Recovery, tap on System Keeper and then install BMM on main system (which is System 1). Now reboot your device again. Boot into Boot Menu Manager and select the partition where you installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat based PAC-man ROM.