New features and changes in Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
Galaxy S4 like lockscreen, Multi-pages feature on lockscreen, support widget on lockscreen, Tabbed UI in Settings, Daydream feature, Voice control feature for apps like phone, camera, music player and so on, Hands-free Mode, New Notification Panel with 2 pages, ANT+ support, TRIM support, Camera Improvements, Move apps to SD feature, New Samsung keyboard, Changed icons for some Samsung apps, Smoother TouchWiz, Adapt display, Adapt sound, New S-Voice from Galaxy S4, Full screen mode in Samsung apps and many more.
So, want to update your Galaxy S3 LTE E210K to the latest KKUGNA3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware? For official way, either you can go for OTA (over the air) from Settings-About Phone-Software Update or download firmware through the Samsung Kies utility. However, most of us prefer manual way to update official firmware. So, in this article you’ll find step by step manual guide to update the latest Android 4.3 KKUGNA3 firmware on your Galaxy S3 LTE E210K through Odin.
Important Note:"The firmware is releasing only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE SHV-E210K model, so don’t try this in any other android device. Check your device model number from Settings-About Phone. Also the tutorial is based on Windows PC. Follow all the pre-requisites, procedures and steps carefully to avoid breaking your phone".
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean E210KKKUGNA3 Official Firmware Download List
- Check battery percentage, your device should have at least 60% battery power
- Turn on USB Debugging mode, go to Settings-Developer Options-USB Debugging
- Backup important data and settings to external storage- follow this guide
- Install USB driver for your device on your computer- Download Samsung USB Driver
Points to be noted:
- If you are using any Custom ROM such as- CyanogenMod, Paranoid Android, AOKP, SLIM ROMs etc, then it’ll replaced by this official Stock ROM
- Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery) will be replaced by Stock Recovery
- After flashing official firmware, your device will no longer belongs to rooted device. However you can root your device any time after flashing the firmware.
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Galaxy S3 LTE E210K through Odin:
- Download Android 4.3 KKUGNA3 Firmware for Galaxy S3 LTE E210K from the above list
- Download Odin 3.07
- Switch off your phone and boot Galaxy S3 LTE E210K into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons (long press until the boot screen appear), now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
- Extract the downloaded Odin3.07 zip file and run the Odin3 v3.07.exe file as an administrator (Right click on the .exe file and click on Run as administrator)
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 LTE E210K to your computer via USB cable
- In Odin3 screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been detected by Odin3.
- Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Now, extract the downloaded firmware zip file, you’ll find a firmware file with extension .tar.md5
- In Odin screen, click on PDA button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension (The firmware file look something like: E210KXXDLJ5_E210KODDDLI7_INU.tar.md5)
- Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, wait few moments.
- Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background
- Your phone should automatically reboot after completion
- You can now disconnect your phone from computer